2016/17 Winter Camps
Our 2017 Winter Camps & Class Registration is open!
If you have questions about the camps, times, or registration don’t hesitate to call or email us. Over the years we have worked to create more advanced learning opportunities by offering a variety of courses. Read below to view our new drop-in style class and camp offerings.
New — **High School Pitching Classes**
New — **Offspeed & Pickoff Classes**
New — **Advanced Pitching Skills Camps** ages 10-12
High School Winter Workout (HWW) Pitching Camps for players ages 14-18
High School Prep (HSP) Pitching Camps for players ages 12-14
Basic Pitching Skills (BPS) Camps for players ages 8-12
HitTrax Hitting Camps for players ages 10-18
Hitting Camps for players ages 8-15
High School Pitching, Offspeed, or Pickoff Classes
Our 1-hr “drop-in” style Winter Pitching Classes will focus on making mechanical adjustments; introducing and improving on Off-Speed Pitches; and/or developing and refining RHP and LHP Pickoff moves. Players may attend one or several of the classes offered, there is no long-term commitment. Classes will begin at the start of December and run through February.
These new Winter Pitching Classes are designed to provide players the opportunity to learn new skills or to fine-tune their existing abilities in a small group environment to prepare for the start of the high school season on February 20th. We have created these drop-in style, small group (4 players max), classes to allow players who attend our camps or private lessons the chance to take part in a second or third development opportunity with us during the week to enhance their training.
Our Winter Pitching Classes also serve as make-up opportunities for players who miss High School Winter Workout or High School Prep Camp sessions.
- Click on the Buy Now buttons below to purchase one or more class opportunities.
- To view times of the classes below click on the Book Now buttons.
**Purchased Winter Pitching Classes expire on Feb 20**
|Single Class Fee $40||5 pack Class Fee $175|
|Buy Now!||Buy Now!|
High School Pitching Classes (ages 13-18)
Ideal for players looking to refine their mechanics, discuss in-game pitching strategies, and create a multi-day throwing routine. This class will also provide players additional opportunities to throw during the indoor only cold weather days the winter presents.
Off-speed Classes (ages 13-18)
Will introduce, maintain, and refine the development of Change-ups, Cut-Fastballs, and Curveballs.
|December thru February||Saturdays||Book Now!|
Pickoff Classes (ages 13-18)
Introduce and improve on RHP’s and LHP’s pickoff moves to first and second base.**Left Handed Pitchers who have never worked with us on their pickoff move**….this is the perfect opportunity to learn the controversial (yet effective!!) 45* pickoff move performed by Julio Urias of the LA Dodgers.
|January and February||Sundays||Book Now!|
Basic Pitching Skills Camps ages 8-12 (BPS)
- Basic Pitching Skill Camps are ideal for all pitchers ages 8-12. During the 1-hour sessions we will identify and improve upon a pitcher’s basic pitching mechanics. Players will learn to throw to specific locations, pitch from the stretch and windup, and develop a safe, effective, and consistent throwing motion with the goal of throwing 60% strikes or more. A complete video evaluation using the JC Video analyzer will be conducted during the first session. Players on travel teams, playing “big league” rules, will be introduced to pickoffs and holding runners on-base. — Class size: 3 players with 1 Pinkman Instructor
**January 7-Week Camp Fee: $315**
|BPS Camp||Wed 1/4/17 (7 wk)||6p-7p||FULL|
|BPS Camp||Sat 1/7/17 (7 wk)||1p-2p||FULL|
|BPS Camp||Sat 1/7/17 (7 wk)||3p-4p||FULL|
|BPS Camp||Sun 1/8/17 (7 wk)||11a-12p||FULL|
|BPS Camp||Sun 1/8/17 (7 wk)||12p-1p||FULL|
High School Winter Workout (HWW) Pitching Camp
– Pitchers ages 14-18 will work in groups of 4 with a Pinkman instructor for 7-weeks focusing on proper warm up, functional strength training, mechanical instruction, and pitch development. A complete JC Video throwing analysis of each player will be conducted upon the first session; and will be available to view video throughout the winter.
During our 2 hour workouts, players can expect to have:
- 30-minutes to properly warm-up (learn functional strength and balance drills, develop a J-band stretch cord routine, improve agility)
- 30-minutes to perform throwing drills, learn off-speed pitches, and/or develop a pitching strategy
- 30-minutes for throwing a professional bull-pen
- 30-minutes for charting pitches in their velocity-pen
How to warm up and prepare to throw. You may notice at the Pinkman Academy, we empahsize this a lot! This critical phase of training is important to transfer new instruction onto the playing field. Most athletes at any age, when left on their own, will not warm up properly. We use the same techniques recommended by physical therapists to prepare players for the spring season. The doctors we have worked with over the past 18 years indicate the majority of sore arms can be avoided by proper conditioning.
HWW Camp Fee: $385
High School Prep Camp (HSP) 7-weeks
– Beginning in January for 7-weeks, the High School Prep (HSP) program introduces players age 12-15 (6th-9th grades) to the skills needed for middle school and/or high school tryouts. Players will work with a Pinkman instructor in groups of 4 for 60-minutes each week to prepare for the next level of baseball during the winter season. Like the HWW camps, these sessions will focus on proper warm up, functional strength training, mechanical instruction, off-speed pitch development, and introduce an in-game pitching strategy. Players will receive a full JC Video throwing analysis during the first session, and have opportunities to see the changes on video from week to week. The HSP camps are great for both new and veteran pitchers to the Pinkman Academy.
HSP Camp Fee: $315
Advanced Pitching Skills Camp 7-weeks
Our 7-week Advanced Pitching Skills Camps are perfect for pitchers ranging in age from 10-13 who have previously attended private lessons or camps with the Pinkman Academy. This session is ideal for players who already throw 55%-65% strikes, are looking to refine their pitching skills, and learn more about the mental and strategic aspects of pitching.
During the 60-minute sessions we will identify and improve on a pitcher’s advanced pitching mechanics, develop a weekly pitching routine in preparation for the spring season, create an in-game pitching strategy, and learn to throw age-appropriate off-speed pitches. A complete video evaluation using the JC Video analyzer will be conducted upon the first session.
Advanced Pitching Camp Fee: $315
|Advanced Pitching||Sun 1/8/17||1p-2p||FULL|
HitTrax Hitting Camps (7weeks)
Looking for more in-game at-bats during the winter? Join our 7-week Hittrax Hitting Camp to gain more in-game hitting opportunities. Four players age 10-14 will join Jeff Pinkman for 60-minutes each week. Players will begin each session refining their swing mechanics which will enhance the players’ ability to drive the ball successfully. What does every batter want?……More hits!! Throughout the 7-week 60-minute sessions we will introduce the how’s, why’s, and when’s that a hitter should be pulling the ball, driving it back up the middle, or purposely hitting the ball to the opposite field.
Sure every player takes batting practice with their team, but are they learning how to hit tactically for the given situations they experience in the games? Many batting practice sessions are rarely on the field these days, and while our sessions will be indoors our HitTrax Simulator will allow players to see how fast the ball is moving off the bat, how far the ball is actually going, and if they are truly accomplishing their goals of driving the ball for base hits.
We haven’t met a ball player who doesn’t like video games. Our HitTrax simulator gives players real time feedback with live game capabilities. Players will be able to not only practice but compete during our sessions creating an in-game feel during their training……all indoors! Players will experience games on their choice of MLB stadiums and Williamsport to see how the ball travels off the bat and view whether it was a hit, out, double play, or extra base hits.
**The Saturday 12p-1p camp session will be for players age 13-18**
HitTrax Hitting Camp Fee: $315
|HT Hit Camp||Mon 1/2/2017||6p-7p (1 slot avail)||Book Now!|
|HT Hit Camp||Thurs 1/5/2017||7p-8p||FULL|
|HT Hit Camp||Fri 1/6/2017||6p-7p||FULL|
|HT Hit Camp (ages 13-18)||Sat 1/7/2017||12p-1p||FULL|
|HT Hit Camp||Sat 1/7/2017||3p-4p||FULL|
|HT Hit Camp (ages 13-18)||Sun 1/8/2017||3p-4p (1 slot avail)||Book Now!|
Hitting Camps (7 weeks)
In our January Hitting Camps, players will meet for 7-weeks, once a week for 60-minutes. In a small 3-player group, our staff will introduce our exclusive Pinkman training drills, baseball specific vision training, advanced hitting strategies, and Major League swing mechanics. Players will receive a full JC Video swing analysis during the first session, and work toward developing a more powerful swing to increase distance and get those extra base hits. Pinkman hitting camps will improve your batting average and slugging percentage over the winter. The drill work performed each week will reinforce the proper body movements to consistently get a player’s swing path on plane with the oncoming pitch.
Hitting Camp Fee: $315
|Hitting (ages 9-12)||Sat 1/7/2017||2p-3p (1slot avail)||FULL|
|Hitting (ages 9-12)||Sun 1/8/2017||10a-11a||FULL|
|*Hitting- ages 13-15*||Sun 1/8/2017||11a-12p (1 slot avail)||Book Now!|
|Hitting (ages 9-12)||Sun 1/8/2017||12p-1p||FULL|