STUDENTS’ NEEDS VARY
- Beginning pitching/hitting/catching
- Entering Little League
- All Star preparation
- Adjusting to the 90-foot game
- JV and Varsity preparation
The Pinkman Academy believes in the honor, heritage, and dignity of the game. Our instruction includes carry-away values of dependability, self-confidence, poise, responsibility, and the importance of family.
The Pinkman Academy will:
- Train and educate you as a student athlete.
- Teach the concept of – LEARNING HOW TO LEARN.
- Instill the values of: Honor, dignity, respect, confidence, responsibility, dependability, trust and friendship.
- Provide a professional educational environment where the well being of your body is the first priority.
- Work hard to make baseball fun – baseball is a game.
- Respect you as an individual and an athlete.
- Commit to enhancing the parent-child relationship through baseball.
- Create a significant learning experience where you will see improvement in your game performance and as student of the game.
Upon booking a session, you should receive a lesson confirmation email and/or a lesson payment receipt email.
- Pinkman Pitching and Hitting, Strategic Pitching, and Catching Lessons are taught by Jeff Pinkman, Christian Binford, and Matt Germanowski. The Pinkman Academy has been teaching pitching and hitting in Northern Virginia since 1992, helping hundreds of ballplayers achieve their dreams of playing in both college and professional baseball, and countless more achieve their goals of improving their skills to play baseball at their expected level.
- Throughout the years, the Pinkmans have been a certified Tom House Pitching Academy, a certified Epstein Hitting Academy, Baseball Rebellions Rebel Rack Certification, written for Collegiate Baseball Magazine, and chosen the ABCA’s College Pitching Coach of the Year and Tom House Teaching Pro of the Year Awards. The Pinkman Academy has collaborated with medical professionals and is responsible for diagnosing sore arms and related issues in pitching research and development. Former Washington Redskins Orthopedic Surgeon, Dr. Ray Thal, and John Pinkman developed a continuing education course accredited by the National Association of Physical Therapists.
- We are confident in our ability to diagnose problems and provide solutions. Having taught physical therapists and orthopaedic surgeons at INOVA about proper throwing technique John, Jeff, and Pat are more than comfortable sitting in an orthopedic consult if needed.
Group Lessons & Packages
Pinkman Lessons (New Student)
One-hour private lesson packages
|New Student Private
One-hour private lesson packages
One-hour private lesson packages (regular rates $100/hour for Pinkman lessons and $80/hour for Academy lessons).
|Pinkman Private Package
|Pinkman Discounted Private Package
|Academy Private Package
|Academy Discounted Private Package
The Pinkman Academy has been teaching pitching and hitting lessons in Northern Virginia since 1992, helping hundreds of ballplayers achieve their dreams of playing in both college and professional baseball. Countless others have achieved their goals of improving skills to be more competitive and play baseball at their expected levels.
The Pinkman Academy has been a Certified:
- Tom House Pitching Academy
- Epstein Hitting Academy
- Baseball Rebellions Rebel Rack Training Facility
- Sports Vision Professionals and the Performance Vision Academy training facility
The Pinkman Family has authored many articles for Collegiate Baseball magazine; and created the ABCA’s College Pitching Coach of the Year and the Tom House Teaching Pro of the Year Awards.
Orthopedic Surgeon, Dr. Ray Thal and John Pinkman developed a continuing education course accredited by the National Association of Physical Therapists. We have collaborated with many medical professionals responsible for diagnosing sore arms and related issues in pitching research and development.
We are confident in our ability to diagnose arm injuries and provide solutions. Having taught with physical therapists and orthopedic surgeons at INOVA about proper throwing technique, John, Jeff and Pat are more than comfortable sitting in on an orthopedic consult if needed.
Academy Pitching or Hitting lessons taught by Certified Pinkman Instructors (CPI) are ideal for players starting with ages 7-to-12 years, but also teens, collegiate athletes, and adults.
Our CPIs receive over two months of Pinkman Training, and many are former Pinkman students! While being a former student is NOT a requirement, our staff exemplifies the desire to learn, and they share our passion to educate.
Academy lessons consist of the Pinkman Academy’s core values of building relationships, mental preparation, mechanics, tactics, athleticism, nutrition, and leadership. Pinkman Certified Instructors will reflect everything that families have come to expect from the Pinkman Family itself. Our staff will create a significant learning experience with the ultimate goal of improving your child’s game performance.
**READ** Cancellation Policy
Please allow 24 hours notice for cancellations. We ask that you only schedule a lesson for a time that you are positive you can attend. We do not accept “Penciled in” or tentative appointments.
Same day cancellation requires 50% of the lesson fee. Injuries, illness, or rescheduled games are the only exceptions.
Cancelling lessons due to “last minute” scheduled practices requires 50% of the lesson fee.
No show/forgotten lessons require 100% of the lesson fee.
**Please note that once your lessons are confirmed, you will not be able to cancel the lesson through the online booking system. Please contact us at 703-661-8586 or at info@Pinkman.us should you need to reschedule or cancel any lesson.**
The Pinkman Academy offers semi-private & small group lessons – however, it is the responsibility of the attending parties to organize the second student and/or third student to complete your group. Please call or email to organize your Semi-Private or Small Group sessions. You can view available times for Semi-Private Lessons through the booking system, but you cannot book them online.
Please do not book Private Lessons and bring two players. We prefer each student have their own lesson history.